Between Mitzpe Ramon and the Egyptian Border are some of the Negev’s most impressive landscapes, highest peaks and remains of civilizations lost. Our multi-day trek will take us on a nomadic adventure, traversing these vast pastures.
Day 1 (October 5): An early morning jeep ride to the launch point from which we will start to make our way towards Jabal Arif, one of the highest peaks in the Negev.
This day will be about 15KM total and will get us ready for Day 2 which is more intense. In the evening, we will have the best dinner in town!
Day 2 (October 6) : This will be the toughest day of the trek – 23KM towards the flint peaks of the Karkom Ridge. We will wind our way through military firing zones that are usually closed to the public via some of the areas most impressive, desert ridge lines.
Day 3 (October 7): We will explore Mt. Karkom and try to understand how some scholars have come to identify the site with the biblical Mt. Sinai. You will get to see the world’s largest concentration of petroglyphs – crazy rock art!! This is a half day of hiking around the Karkom peaks.
Heading back to Mitzpe Ramon in an hour jeep ride via the Egyptian border, with breathtaking views into the Sinai desert and towards Mt. Saggi and Mt. Harif.
*** This part will finish on the Egyptian border in which we will have a military escort on Route 10 which is normally closed to civilian passage
So how does it work?
1) We will meet in Mitzpe Ramon on the night of October 4th and camp out in town (the first night of Sukkot). There will be no public transport on the 5th. For those who will come with their own vehicles, you can meet us on the morning of the 5th.
2) You will only carry a day pack and we will be resupplied with water in the evenings. All your other gear will go on to the jeep. You will bring water for the first day and enough items for lunch for 3 days.
3) We will jeep in to the launch point and jeep out from the end of the trail (this is all included in the price)
4) You will take many photos and upload them to Facebook!
Price + what’s included?
The trip’s total cost is 1289 NIS (360 USD) for the full 3-days. This includes:
- Jeep journey
- Logistics vehicle for night gear
- Dinner on both nights
- Water resupply (you provide for Day 1)
- Licensed Guides
Gear: A tent is not mandatory. If you have a good sleeping bag/pad you can manage without a tent. Either way, all the gear will be on the jeep.
- Day backpack for water and food (must)
- Sturdy shoes (must)
- Flashlight (recommended)
- Tent (optional)
- Sleeping bag or blankets (it gets cold at night)
- Sleeping pad
- 4 litres of water (Day 1)
- Food for lunches
* Please note: This trip is a challenge in terms of the daily distances covered and is not for those without any hiking experience. Proper footwear is required. Space is limited in the number of participants.
REFUND, CANCELATION & TRIP-ADJUSTMENT POLICY
*** Full refunds are available up to 5 days prior to the scheduled start time.
*** Partial refunds will be issued no later than 3 days prior to the trip
*** No refunds will be issued within 72 hours of the scheduled trip
*** Should a participant cancel his or her ticket, he or she can inquire about moving the ticket to another Finjan event at the same cost.
*** Should a participant request a refund within 72 hours of the scheduled departure time, a full refund can be specially issued if that ticket will be purchased by another participant or someone on the Finjan waiting list.
*** Full refund will be issued should the trip be cancelled or postponed for any reason at the discretion of the trek leader(s).
*** The trek leader(s) has the right to change the location of the trip prior to or throughout the trip based on weather conditions without issuing a refund to participants.
*** The trek leader(s) have full discretion in not allowing a participant to fulfil the trek based on certain health considerations and or lack of proper footwear/water.
This trip is part of the Hiking in Israel community. https://www.facebook.com/groups/HikingInIsrael/