The Zin wilderness deep in the Negev is full of tranquil landscapes, desert springs and seasonal pools all of which are part of the Negev’s most expansive valley that stretches across this vast desert region. Many of these areas are hidden to travellers and can only be reached using a 4×4 vehicle.
Our Jeep safari will connect a number of these unique areas and expose travellers to areas completely hidden to most. As the secrets unfold, we will combine our jeep safari with some light hiking and plenty of swimming throughout the excursion. For travellers that want to get a taste of the Negev in the summer, this is the ultimate way to still experience the desert despite the season’s hotter temperatures.
Day 1 (July 6th): On Friday afternoon/evening, we will all meet at Sde Boker (self arrival) for an early evening hike as the sun sets over the cliffs of Zin en route to our campground for the evening. The hike will be a couple of hours and is a light-moderate trek along the cliff line from Sde Boker to the campground.
- Everyone will meet by 17:00 at Sde Boker Field School (we will send bus information upon purchase)
- Sleeping gear will be loaded onto the jeeps
- We will hike (2.5 hours roughly) to the evening campground (light hiking) just with what you need for the hike
- Bring your own food for dinner
- If people are coming with their own vehicles, they can meet us at the campground and leave the car (either that evening or the following morning)
Day 2 (July 7th): The following morning (Saturday), we will load up the jeeps and set out on our journey across the Wilderness of Zin and towards the Large Crater visiting places like the Zarhan Pool and the Zik and Akev Oases. We will finish back at Sde Boker.
- Bags will be loaded onto jeeps
- People provide their own food for breakfast
- Outstanding picnic lunch and watermellon/cold drinks provided by Finjan
- Full day Jeep safari with stops along the way for light hiking/swimming/sights
- Return to campground and public transport areas
SPECIAL PRESALE DISCOUNT UNTIL JUNE 24 of only 545 NIS!!!
Finjan is offering a special Presale discounted rate until June 24th of 545 NIS!
Starting June 25th tickets will be sold for 600 NIS
Included in the price:
Finjan guides + local expert guides
Lunch on Saturday
Coffee and cookies provided by Finjan
All participants are responsible for their own healthy and safety
Travellers should notify Finjan about any medical conditions prior to the trip
Full refunds will be issued up until 5 days before the trip should a participant need to cancel his or her place on the trip
Partial 50% refund will be issued between until 72 hours before the trip officially begins should the participant need to cancel his or her paticipation
Finjan is not responsible for providing transport, dinner or breakfast. Lunch will be provided
All travellers must have water on them at all times and take the necessary safety precautions
Finjan does not offer third-party insurance. All travellers should ensure they are insured for outdoor activities