The first two days of our trip will be dedicated to hiking and understanding the great Nabatean empire through our visits to Petra and the Dana Nature Reserve. We will be surrounded by beautiful views across southern Jordan and into the Arava Valley and Israel as we hike our way to a number of high points in the area.
We will spend the first night at the Amara Palace hotel in Wadi Mousa before heading out early the next day for a full day in and around Petra. Even for those who have been to Petra before, the way we explore the area is different than your typical tour and you will be exposed to some hidden areas of the site.
After Petra, we will drive down and spend the night in Wadi Rum. If you’ve ever wanted to feel like you are on Mars – now is your chance. Wadi Rum is one of the most beautiful desert-scapes on the planet, a combination of multi-colored sand stones, igneous geological features and endless dunes.
Our bellies will be filled with a wonderful lamb dinner and the next morning we will head out for a day of jeeping and light hiking across the desert. From there we will make our way back to Aqaba and the border crossing.
Day 1 – January 25
Border crossing from Eilat to Aqaba (breakfast in Aqaba – time permitting)
Drive to Dana Nature Reserve
Hiking (10KM) in Dana Reserve
Lodging at Amara Palace, Wadi Mousa (3 Star Hotel w/ Pool)
Day 2 – January 26
Breakfast at hotel
Petra exploration + Monastery visit
Drive to Wadi Rum (Rum Oasis Desert Camp)
Day 3 – January 27
Breakfast at campsite
Jeep tour of Wadi Rum + Lawrence Canyon
Depart to Aqaba crossing – return to Israel
TRIP COST: $422 USD/person
- Jordanian guide + security officer + Finjan guide
- All transfers in Jordan
- Entrance fees to Petra + Dana + Wadi Rum
- Visa fees + procedural work
- Accommodations in Petra (3 Star Hotel) – $20.00 extra for single room supplement (paid in cash in Jordan)
- Dinners and Breakfasts in Petra and Wadi Rum
- Lodging at Rum Oasis desert camp
- Jeep Safari in Wadi Rum
- 25.1.18 Arrival to Rabin Border Crossing (Eilat) – if there are enough people that want transport, we will arrange from TLV with a pickup in Rehovot. This will be paid seperately
- Tip (Jordanian guide, security & driver)
- Border fees (10 JOD departure in Aqaba + Israeli exit 105 NIS fee
- Insurance for cross border travel
- 27.1.18 Return to Tel Aviv
We will meet at the Rabin Border Crossing in Eilat at the designated time (TBD). Each participant is responsible for their own arrival and being on time.
For participants who would like a single room accommodation, there is an additional $20.00 which should be paid in cash in Jordan.
Upon registering for this trip, please let us know about your accommodation request whether you want a single room or have specific rooming requests
Please email us with a copy of your passport for the visa process
- Hiking route in Dana Reserve is subject to change based on weather conditions