Come to Jordan for a 3-day 2-night adventure that will take you to the mystical, red-rock city of Petra, the martian desert of Wadi Rum and Jordan’s southern semi-mountainous, semi-desert region. The trip will have an added hiking element for those seeking the path less traveled beyond the typical tourist route.
For generations, the great Nabatean city of Petra – an international mecca of trade and opulence – was lost to the world. Who were the Nabateans? Where did they come from and what happened to them? How did they succeed in building something of the likes we don’t find anywhere else in the world? And this is just the beginning….
After crossing the border on the first day, we will head to the Dana Nature Reserve – a uniquely, impressive mountainous region above the desert – for our opening hike (if there is rain we will head to Little Petra and the local Neolithic Village instead). From here, we will head to our hotel in the village of Wadi Mousa next to Petra.
Our second day will be a full day of exploring the lost city of Petra including the special, backtrail hike from the upper monastery and back to the valleys around Little Petra. Besides getting to visit Petra’s main sites, we will also be able to catch stunning views across the Arava Valley and into Israel from Jordan’s higher, mountainous area.
We will finish the second day in the red desert of Wadi Rum under the stars at our local Bedouin-run camp. Our bellies will be filled with a wonderful dinner and the next morning we will head out for a day of jeeping across the red dunes in the back of pickup trucks. From there we will make our way back to Aqaba and the border crossing.
Day 1 – February 7th
Border crossing from Eilat to Aqaba + Breakfast in Aqaba
Drive to Dana Reserve (or Little Petra and Bayda)
Hiking in the Dana Nature Reserve or Bayda and Little Petra (weather dependent)
Lodging and dinner in Wadi Mousa (3 Star Hotel )
Day 2 – February 8th
Breakfast at hotel
Petra exploration + special back-trail hike from Petra Monastery
Late Lunch (Mansaf!)
Drive to Wadi Rum and check into desert camp site
Day 3 – December 8th
Breakfast at campsite
Jeep tour and exploration of Wadi Rum in the back of pickup trucks!
Depart to Aqaba crossing – return to Israel
TRIP COST: 1,595 NIS/person
- Jordanian guide + Finjan guide + Security officer (Jordanian decision at border)
- All transfers in Jordan
- Entrance fees to Petra + Dana and Little Petra + Wadi Rum
- Accommodations in Petra (3 Star Hotel ) – $35.00 extra or NIS equivalent for single room supplement (paid in cash in Jordan)
- Dinners and Breakfasts in Petra and Wadi Rum
- Lodging at desert camp with onsite facilities and private bathrooms
- Jeep Safari in Wadi Rum
- Transport to Rabin border crossing for arrival on 07.02.19
- Lunches + Breakfast on Day 1
- Tip (Jordanian guide, security & driver)
- Border fees (10 JOD departure in Aqaba + 105 NIS Israeli exit fee) – Jordanian exit fee must be paid in JOD
- Insurance for cross border travel
- 09.02.19 Return transport to Tel Aviv
All hiking on the trip is rated an a moderate level and is suitable for all types of hikers and those that enjoy walking. Please contact us with any specific questions.
We will meet at the Rabin Border Crossing in Eilat at the designated time (TBD). Each participant is responsible for their own arrival and being on time.
For participants who would like a single room accommodation, there is an additional $35.00 which should be paid in cash in Jordan. This covers both nights together. If you are a couple and would like a shared bed, please let us know. Otherwise, all rooms will be 2x twin beds separated.
Upon registering for this trip, please let us know about your accommodation request (rooming preferences, etc) and about any food allergies or preferences.
Please email us with a copy of your passport for the visa process immediately.
Please read the following policies carefully regarding refunds, cancelations and safety/security. This trip is limited in number of participants
Refund Policy / Trip Cancelation
All refund requests and cancelations must be sent officially to our email as listed on the homepage of this website. Participants can also issue requests by telephone. The policy listed below is non-negotiable unless stated otherwise by Finjan: Israel Unfiltered.
- Cancelations with full refund can be made up to 21-days before the given date of the scheduled group arrival in Jordan
- Cancelations with partial refund of 75% will be issued between 18-21 days before the given date of the scheduled group arrival in Jordan
- Cancelations with partial refund of 50% will be issued between 15-18 days before the given date of the scheduled group arrival in Jordan
- Cancelations made within 14 days prior to the given date of group arrival in Jordan will not be refunded nor can the participation be carried over for a future trip
- The hiking routes are subject to change according to the weather conditions
- Daily routes are subject to change based on weather and as designated by the Jordanian authorities
Safety and Security
All participants are responsible for his or her own safety and we require that participants adhere to the laws of the country within which they are travelling. Finjan is not responsible for unlawful acts by its participants.
Throughout the trip, Finjan will be accompanied by a Jordanian security officer
Each participant is responsible for his or her own health. Please check that you have proper insurance for travel in Jordan as this is not provided by Finjan.