The first two days of our trip will be dedicated to understanding the great Nabatean empire through our visits to both Petra and Little Petra and hiking in different areas of Wadi Mousa. We will be surrounded by beautiful views across southern Jordan and into the Arava valley and Israel as we hike our way to the famous, upper-monastery of Petra.
We will spend the night at the Amara Palace hotel in Wadi Mousa before heading out early the next day for a full day in and around Petra. Even for those who have been to Petra before, the way we explore the area is different than your typical tour and you will be exposed to some hidden areas of the site.
After Petra, we will drive down and spend the night in Wadi Rum. If you’ve ever wanted to feel like you are on Mars – now is your chance. Wadi Rum is one of the most beautiful desert-scapes on the planet, a combination of multi-colored sand stones, igneous geological features and endless dunes.
Our bellies will be filled with a wonderful lamb dinner and the next morning we will head out for a day of jeeping and light hiking across the desert. From there we will make our way back to Aqaba and the border crossing.
Day 1 – May 4
Border crossing from Eilat to Aqaba (breakfast in Aqaba – time permitting)
Drive to Little Petra
Little Petra + hike from Shammasat to Petra Monastery (2 hour hike)
Lodging at Amara Palace, Wadi Mousa (3 Star Hotel w/ Pool)
Day 2 – May 5
Breakfast at hotel
Petra exploration + Dark Tunnel hike (2-3 hours and optional)
Drive to Wadi Rum (Rum Oasis Desert Camp)
Day 3 – May 6
Breakfast at campsite
Jeep tour of Wadi Rum + Lawrence Canyon
Depart to Aqaba crossing – return to Israel
TRIP COST: $422 USD/person
- Jordanian guide + security officer + Finjan guide
- All transfers in Jordan
- Entrance fees to Petra + Little Petra + Wadi Rum
- Visa fees + procedural work
- Accommodations in Petra (3 Star Hotel w/ swimming pool) – $20.00 extra for single room supplement (paid in cash in Jordan)
- Dinners and Breakfasts in Petra and Wadi Rum
- Lodging at Rum Oasis desert camp
- Horse ride in Petra (optional)
- Jeep Safari in Wadi Rum
- 04.05.17 Arrival to Rabin Border Crossing (Eilat)
- Tip (Jordanian guide, security & driver)
- Border fees (10 JOD departure in Aqaba + Israeli exit NIS fee
- Insurance for cross border travel
- 06.05.17 Return to Tel Aviv
We will meet at the Rabin Border Crossing in Eilat at the designated time (TBD). Each participant is responsible for their own arrival and being on time.
For participants who would like a single room accommodation, there is an additional $20.00 which should be paid in cash in Jordan.
Upon registering for this trip, please let us know about your accommodation request.
Please email us with a copy of your passport for the visa process
Please read the following policies carefully regarding refunds, cancelations and safety/security. This trip is limited in number of participants
Refund Policy / Trip Cancelation
All refund requests and cancelations must be sent officially to our email as listed on the homepage of this website. Participants can also issue requests by telephone. The policy listed below is non-negotiable unless stated otherwise by Finjan: Israel Unfiltered.
- Cancelations with full refund can be made up to 21-days before the given date of the scheduled group arrival in Jordan
- Cancelations with partial refund of 75% will be issued between 18-21 days before the given date of the scheduled group arrival in Jordan
- Cancelations with partial refund of 50% will be issued between 15-18 days before the given date of the scheduled group arrival in Jordan
- Cancelations made within 14 days prior to the given date of group arrival in Jordan will not be refunded nor can the participation be carried over for a future trip
Safety and Security
All participants are responsible for his or her own safety and we require that participants adhere to the laws of the country within which they are travelling. Finjan is not responsible for unlawful acts by its participants.
Throughout the trip, Finjan will be accompanied by a Jordanian security officer
Each participant is responsible for his or her own health. Please check that you have proper insurance for travel in Jordan as this is not provided by Finjan.