We are headed back where the stars shine brightest: Sky safari, sunrise hike and the sweet desert air!
Join us for a night in the desert touring our vast galaxy with professional-grade equipment and local astronomers. After a night under the changing night sky, we will head out for a sunrise hike around the Ramon Crater for an amazing views of the sunrise over the desert.
Down by Mitzpe Ramon, deep in the Negev, is the best place to view the night sky without any sky pollution or interference. Just a couple of hours away from the bustle of Tel Aviv, you can relax, off the grid and in a beautifully serene environment while experiencing the ultimate sky safari in the crisp, desert air.
We will meet at the town of Mitzpe Ramon at 18:00 and after a short sunset hike, head south to the Ramon Crater , arriving to our campground in the early evening hours.
At the campground, we will link-up with our astronomy experts and learn about the night sky, our galaxy and beyond! If we are lucky, we will get to see the Perseid Meteors flying by
In the morning we will do a optional short sunrise hike (up to 3 hours, medium difficulty level) and head back north before noon.
Event tickets will be available at a price of 250 NIS.
We will meet at the KKL grove in Mitzpe Ramon on Friday at 18:00
Camping gear (tent is optional)
Something warm for the evening
Sturdy shoes for hiking
SAFETY REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS
* Participants are required to adhere to the latest regulations listed and in accordance with the Israeli Ministry of Health. Finjan will be operating this trip with the updated guidelines.
* Anyone showing symptoms of COVID19 in the days prior to the trip must take the responsibility NOT to join.
* This trip requires sturdy shoes (no flip flops) suited for light hiking. Participants will remain off the trail should their footwear not be suited for the terrain.
* 4.5 Litres of water per person per day + hat + sunscreen (you will have a chance to buy water throughout the trip or fill up at the parks
* Each participant is responsible for his or her own personal security and health.
* Swimming locations may be without a lifeguard and are at the discretion of each individual participant. Finjan is not responsible for decisions made by participants regarding swimming areas without lifeguards.
REFUND, CANCELATION & TRIP-ADJUSTMENT POLICY
*** Included in the price of the ticket is a non-refundable deposit fee. This fee is 50 NIS
*** Full refund including deposit fee will be issued upon request no later than 3 days prior to the scheduled start time.
*** Partial refunds will be issued no later than 3 days prior to the trip (50 NIS fee not refunded)
*** No refunds will be issued within 72 hours of the scheduled trip
*** Should a participant request a refund within 72 hours of the scheduled departure time, a full refund can be specially issued if that ticket will be purchased by another participant or someone on the Finjan waiting list.
*** Full refund will be issued should the trip be cancelled or postponed for any reason at the discretion of the trek leader(s).
*** The trek leader(s) has the right to change the location of the trip prior to or throughout the trip based on weather conditions without issuing a refund to participants.
*** The trek leader(s) have full discretion in not allowing a participant to fulfil the trek based on certain health considerations and or lack of proper footwear/water.
*** Price includes two fully licensed guides and outdoor specialists, coffee and cookies! Price does NOT include Transportation, Food or Water or anything that is not listed in the sections above***
Meeting time is 21:00 at the location provided in this event. Failure to show up on time will result in participants being left off the trip.
This trip is part of the Hiking in Israel community.